Dr. Victoria Gasteiger
Elective doctor for Acupuncture and TCM
Relief general practitioner (national health cover)
Married, 2 children
Medical studies at the Medical University in Innsbruck
Training in general medicine at the St Johann District Hospital, University Clinic Innsbruck and Brothers of Mercy Hospital in Vienna.
General practitioner since 2016
Commenced special training for pediatrics and adolescent medicine at the St Johann District Hospital in 2015, ended after 2,5 years as I chose to follow my interest in general medicine and TCM.
Lecturer at the OGKA - Austrian Society of Controlled Acupunture and TCM - (acupunture courses)
- Emergency Medicine Diploma
- ÖAK Diploma for Acupuncture
- ÖÄK Diploma for Chinesese Diagnostics and Medicinal Therapie
- OGKA Diploma for Ear Acupuncture
- Certificate in Pediatric Allergology and Pulmonology
Private medical services
With the exception of yellow fever all common vaccinations are available in our practice. Vaccination fee € 10,00 excl. vaccine.
Various infusion therapies are offered (some covered by national insurance) depending on medication
(eg. vitamin C, ozone, etc. Costs vary between € 40 and € 50 per infusion).
Medical certificates / confirmations are not covered by national health insurance. Medicals for professional practice, physical fitness, travel insurance, etc. are priced accordingly.
I base my medical practices on classic western medicine ("conventional medicine") and supplement with traditional chinese medicine according to indications and complaints. These two worlds complement each other in many pathological conditions.
Acupuncture is recommended by the World Health Organisation, WHO, in the following cases:
- Headaches and migranes
- Impingement syndrome and tennis elbow
- Backache and sciatica
- Joint pain and arthritis
- Common colds and sinusitis
- Bronchitis and bronchial asthma
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Facial paralysis und Meniere's Disease
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Depressive moods
- Menstrual problems
- Weight loss
- Smoking cessation
- Hormonal disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Circulatory disorders
- General susceptibility to illness
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Vegetative Dystonia
- Nervousness, restlessness and “weak nerves”